National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Appeals Support Service is available to people across South Australia and in the Barkly region of the Northern Territory with a disability.
This Service is for:
What is the NDIS Appeals Support Service?
The NDIS Appeals Support Service is for people affected by a reviewable decision of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). We can help you to have the decision reviewed, internally by the NDIA, and externally by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT). External review is only available after an unsuccessful internal review.
The service provides no-cost, impartial and confidential assistance to lodge a review application, legal aid application, and to self-represent if legal representation is unavailable. It is not a legal service.
Who can access the NDIS Appeals Support Service?
The service is available to people across South Australia and in the Barkly region of the Northern Territory with a disability. You do not need to have a Brain Injury.
What is a reviewable decision?
There is a range of reviewable decisions within the NDIS, but most commonly we assist where:
- you or someone you support has been rejected from accessing the NDIS
- you or someone you support has had their access to the NDIS revoked; and
- there is not enough funding in your NDIS Plan to get the supports you need.
You must lodge an application for internal review within three months of receiving your plan or notice of your decision. Applications to the AAT must be made within 28 days of receiving an internal review outcome.
How we can help
Help is available from an NDIS Appeals support person to:
- assist you to understand the review process
- assist you to prepare documents needed for the external merits review
- assist you to apply for legal assistance to pursue an application to the AAT
- provide you with advice and skills so that you can better represent yourself at the AAT if you choose to do so
- attend AAT conferences and hearings with you and help you in putting your case to the AAT, or
- assist you to draft an Internal Review application.
The NDIS Appeals support person is funded by the Australian Government, and is independent from the NDIA and the AAT.
If you would like more information about the NDIS Appeals Support Service, please contact us:
- Telephone: 08 8217 7600
- Country Callers: 1300 733 049
- Make an Online Enquiry
We can meet with you in person or through video chat and phone. Please let us know what works best for you. If we are not able to assist you directly, we can provide you with information about your options.
You can find more information on the NDIS and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal or by calling 1800 800 110.
Watch Video: NDIS Appeals Support Service
Video Transcript coming soon.