This Service is for:
What is BISA Connect?
BISA Connect is an initiative of Brain Injury SA offering a time-limited block of therapy to adults with an acquired brain injury (ABI), who are without a source of funding or experiencing a funding shortfall for particular supports.
This clinic will be led by an interdisciplinary team of allied health students which will run across an 8-week period. BISA Connect will support clients with a brain injury with their short-term goals, and undertaking suitable goal orientated assessments that may also be used to support in accessing and connecting with future funding options.
Who is this service for?
This service is for adults, 18–65 years, with an acquired brain injury (ABI) or traumatic brain injury (TBI) who:
- Need evidence of the impact of their disability to support their application for NDIS funding but are unable to pay for access reports
- Waiting for their NDIS plan to come through after approval (e.g., on discharge from hospital)
- Require information, education and support on concussion management.
When does the clinic operate?
The clinic will operate across an 8-week block of interdisciplinary support, at least 3 times a year, providing individual and group-based services.
Dates of the clinics are will be available soon.
Types of services
To support you in making a referral to BISA Connect, please use the following as a guide for service/support options available through this clinic for people with an ABI or concussion:
- Recommendations for everyday assistive equipment
- Fatigue management
- Functional reports to support applications for funding
- Education and information about ABI and living with an ABI
- Time-limited therapy under supervision of Allied Health Professionals (where not currently funded)
Cost for service
This is a free service to those that meet the eligibility criteria.
To find out more about BISA Connect, or to enquire about accessing support via the clinic, please reach out to Brain Injury SA via phone 8217 7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.