Assistance to create a clear pathway to employment after brain injury.
This Service is for:
Brain Injury SA’s ‘Finding and Keeping a Job Service’
A goal for many people living with acquired brain injury (ABI) is returning to work. This can include going back to a job they have previously done, or starting a new position.
Brain Injury SA can help with this process through our ‘Finding and Keeping a Job Service’. This is a service that has been developed specifically for people with a brain injury to be supported in rejoining the workforce. We understand that this can be a challenging experience and can help by;
- Completing assessments to understand your strengths, difficulties and specific needs and what would be required in a work situation for you.
- Explore potential work opportunities tailored to you; including paid, voluntary, and micro-enterprise work.
- Test and trial different ideas in carefully selected workplaces with you, maximizing on your abilities and capacity.
- Supporting you to develop confidence in your abilities, by sharing ideas and experiences in a group.
- Linking in with a Disability Employment Service Provider (DES) if needed to further facilitate your return to work goal.
How to access this service
You can access this service via your NDIS plan. Finding and keeping a job can be funded from:
- Capacity Building Support
- Core Support Allocation
- A combination of both